Emporia State University Intercollegiate Athletics - Senior Associate Athletic Director - External Operations
The Sr. Associate Athletics Director for External Relations works closely with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and the leadership of the athletics department in strengthening and growing revenue through the marketing, advertising and promotion efforts as they relate to the sport programs, ticketing and corporate sponsors. This position provides oversight of the department’s media, public relations while leading marketing initiatives and assists the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics with departmental goal setting, short/long range planning and related budget matters.
The position will be the daily contact with the ESU Foundation as it relates to all development functions of the department, including major gift fund raising, annual fund, planned giving, corporations, development of donor bases, communication strategies especially in relationship to athletic donor benefits. All development functions will be in conjunction and coordination with the ESU Foundation. Additionally, this position oversees athletic licensing, merchandising, tickets and athletic communication divisions.
The Senior Associate Athletic Director External Relations is a member of the Athletics Department senior and administrative staff. Position must adhere to all NCAA, University and Departmental rules. This position is responsible for oversight of the Athletics Department’s external operations in the absence of the director.
- Accountable for leading the process which annually develops the three-year Athletic External Relations Plan for overall revenue generation of the department. This person must own the Plan and ensure timely and successful execution of the Plan with all external relations staff and others within the department or University who are integral to the Plan and its execution. – 20%
- Grow ticket revenue by developing innovative promotions and advertising plans and focus on sales activities. – 20%
- Coordinate the activities of the Marketing staff as ideas are developed and put into action that will result in additional revenues from corporate support that includes efforts to maximize the value of the MIAA Network. – 20%
- Oversight and assist in coordinating the activities of the media relations staff as it relates to public relations, advertising and promotion plans. – 10%
- Serve as a member of the Intercollegiate Athletics Senior Staff. Advise develop and implement departmental strategies/tactics short/long term planning; goal setting, budget matters and policies & procedures. – 10%
- Interact with related external constituents. – 5%
- Direct and oversee staff selection, promotion, performance feedback, terminations and compensation recommendations. – 5%
- Interact with related University departments. – 5%
- Represent Intercollegiate Athletics Department at fund-raising, public relations, and alumni events. – 5%
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of athletic revenue generation
- Marketing and communications
- Proven managerial experience in developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans
- Prior experience in a complex private or public sector organization
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a broad array of individuals and prior supervisory experience
- Possess learning orientation and values the importance of inclusive and diversity
- Ability to analyze, interpret, communicate, and adhere to University, MIAA, and NCAA policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Personal computer skills and related software, e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, data query, internet search, e-mail, etc. necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience and Knowledge of NCAA Division I and or II.
- 4+ years of related work experience with 7+ years preferred.
- Complete Professional Resume
- Cover Letter that addresses the responsibilities listed
How to Apply
Collegiate Consulting is assisting in the Senior Associate AD, External Operations search. To apply for the position, please send all required documents above (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com.